Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Release Day!!! Let's chat!

Oh boy.  Today is the release day for my second novel.  I feel such a multitude of overwhelming emotions right now.  Fear.  Excitement.  Gratitude.  Love.  Pride.  I can't tell you how crazy this experience has been, in the most wonderful way.

When I first wrote Sapphire Universe, I was a total dufis in the writing world.

That's right, I said dufis.

See, I knew absolutely NO ONE!   I thought I did my research, I thought I was all set to go, but as it turns out...I knew nothing.  My cover was paranormal looking, I edited my book myself (something I will NEVER do again) and I had no clue how to market.

You see I didn't really consider myself an author at first.  I was just a small town girl who wrote a book because she loved it.  I work full time, I'm a mom, and a military wife, so I had little to no time to dedicate to writing and marketing and networking...so...I was a little lost.

When I made it past 20 reviews I seriously flipped out.  Really.  20.  That's how newbie I was.  I was happy that ANYONE read my book and liked it.  AAAANNNND then some more experienced readers read my book, and some of them loved it...others...not so much.

I was okay with that.  I was content.  No biggy, I'm not really an author right?  Well, then I met a few other newbie authors.  Wow, you guys.  These people are amazing.  They supported me, read my books, gave me some much needed advice, and became life long friends. 

THEN...I started thinking...Maybe...What if I really am an author?  Could I really be like Colleen Hoover, or Jessica Park, or Jamie McGuire, or Jennifer Armentrout?  Could I really one day have readers and followers who pine for my next books?  Could I really make a difference in someone's life with my words? 

Well, I'm a stubborn broad...and I love a challenge.  So guess what guys...

I'm totally going for it.

Dark Universe is out now, and boy was that a roller coaser write.  I moved houses, got sick, my sister barely missed having cancer by the skin of her teeth, my husband had surgery, my family had some drama, and I honestly didn't know if I was going to finish it.  But I did.  And I love this story. 

I hope you do too.

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU, to all of my readers, bloggers, and author buddies who have stuck by me and supported me.  I seriously love you all with everything I have.

Now...Back to writing my heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment