Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Teaser Time!!!

As you all know I am currently working hard at writing Dark Universe.  Let me tell you, you are going to laugh your buns off at Lola and swoon over Drake.  I promise you will love this book!  Here is a cute little scene from Chapter 3.  This is not edited so if you see minor errors, please don't send me hate mail :)

“Are you saying there isn’t anything going on between us?” I whisper huskily. He freezes and I bite back my giggle. “Because I thought we had some serious…” I lick my lips and glance down at his. “…chemistry.” Drake looks down at my lips and swallows. I swear I see sweat trickle down his neck and he swallows again harshly, breaking my poker face. I burst out laughing and slap him on the shoulder. “You should see your face.” I stutter through my cackling. “You looked absolutely terrified!” Tears are now streaming down my face and I bend at the waist clutching my side in hysterics.

I finally stop laughing and manage to look at Drake and his eyes are smoldering. He steps forward and brings his hand to my face and brushes his thumbs across my cheeks. My skin flames under his touch and the air I was taking in gets stuck in my chest. “Lola.” He breathes, blowing his hot breath across my face, causing the skin on my neck to pebble deliciously. “You…” He pauses and leans in closer, still brushing my cheeks gently. He looks directly in my eyes and brings his other hand up to mirror the one he placed on my face. “…have mascara, all over your face.” He deadpans. Mother fucker!

I blink stupidly, before coming fully out of his trance. I just got punked. That bastard just beat me at my own game. Shit. This one is going to be a handful. I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment