Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sapphire Universe is getting a new cover!!

I have debated this with myself soooo many times.  I personally made the current cover for Sapphire Universe.  I am NOT a graphic designer and just had to do the best I could because I didn't even know where to begin to get a professional cover made.  Let me be clear.  I do like the cover that SU currently has, but here is the problem;

I have had two people on Goodreads add my book and then stop reading it to give it 1 or 2 stars because they thought it was a Paranormal Romance or an Urban Fantasy, only to discover that it was Contemporary Romance.  I have even had people think it was a thriller or horror.  This is not good.  I do not want to mislead anyone.

Have you ever heard the saying, "Never judge a book by its cover?"  Well that's a load of crap.  EVERYONE judges books by their covers.  It's what draws you in.  First you pick a book that catches your eye, then you read the blurb, and then you read the reviews, and then you buy it.  Almost everyone I know shops for books this way.  It's human nature to single out the best looking item.  And if you're out trolling for Contemporary Romance novels, you scan for books with a specific look to them.  This can range from half naked men, to a sexy couple in a compromising position, to a simple picture of two people holding hands.  There are lots of options, but for the most part there is a theme. 

So, I have decided to have a professional make the cover for me.  Actually, I had a new friend and author approach me about this, and it just so happens her husband is a graphic designer.  Richard Luciano has graciously offered to design Sapphire Universe a brand spankin new cover!!! I am really VERY excited about this.  I know there are some readers who love the current cover, but I really need to keep the book's best interest in mind.  The good news is, I know you will all love the new one just as much if not way more, so we all win.  If you want to see a sample of his work, check out his wife Beth Michele's book here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beth-Michele-Author/198619836947212

No comments:

Post a Comment